Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Deer, Chinese Tallow leaves, and reflections

I went to Nara Park riding a cute train of the Kintetsu Railway featuring Deer of Nara Park.
This is a rapid express mainly connecting Sannomiya, Kobe and Nara stations.


By my iPhone

A spacious area of scenic beauty in the eastern Nara City is called Nara Park.
Less than ten minutes after getting off the train at Nara Station, you're in the park.
I walked viewing autume leaves, looking for nice reflections, and meeting deer
in the late afternoon.

鷺池 Sagi-ike Pond

Hello, Deer!



- Along the 吉城川 Yoshiki River -

 I was caught by the shine of the fallen leaves.



On the water, interesting patterns are made with fallen leaves, reflections, and ripples.




Meanwhile, two deer appeared looking for foods.




- At 浮雲園地 Ukigumo-enchi -

 Ukigumo-enchi is ablaze with 南京櫨 Nankinhaze Chinese Tallow leaves.

Leaves grow old beautifully in each individual speed.
Each leaf shines with the color of the moment, transforming from green 
to light yellow, orange, fainally to crimson or to gold.





Unfortunately Chinese Tallows in Nara Park have been cut down as  the tree's invasiveness 
has put the primmitive forest of Mt. Kasuga, World Heritage, in danger.
As far as I know, Nara Park is the only place famous for autumn foliage of Chinese Tallow.
I feel sad to see Chinese Tallows getting sparse every year in the park.
The Chinese Tallows seen from the bench in the old photo below are gone now.

2015


- At 飛火野 Tobihino -



This tall Chinese Tallow is a landmark of Tobihino.
Look at the tree in the golden glow before the sunset.






I was lucky that I could ride "Nara Deer Train" as it runs randomly.
At COLLOSAL, more photos and explanation about this adorably whimsical train.
"The Deer Train is decked out with lush, spotted seats, grassy flooring, 
handles shaped like pudgy animals, and illustrations by Tokyo-based artist Gemi 
that transform the cars into a whimsical, cervine world."




It's November, but the highest temperature of a day is forecasted to hover around
 25 degrees C at least for a week.

Linked to 

24 comments:

  1. Hello
    Love the mural on the train! The deer are so cute, I would love to see this park and the deer. The deer are beautiful critters. The Autumn leaves and trees are beautiful. Lovely images, reflections and landscapes. A beautiful post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Autumnal scenes and I really like the shot across the lake and the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful post Yoko!
    The train is great but your pictures are like poetry...simply gorgeous...
    Have a lovely weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...thanks for taking me along to see these delightful sights. Take care and enjoy your new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Anna, your photos are poetry. And the creative train to the park is a fun and clever idea. Someone I know living in nearby Sechelt, B.C. told me recently that a mother deer and her two young daughters settled onto her property. She loves seeing them there. It's as if she has Nara Park on her doorstep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stardust, Found you on Saturday’s Critters. I enjoyed visiting your blog. Lots of neat photos! My favorite this time is image #15 … the solitary tree with colorful fall foliage. Thanks for sharing. John

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember your Japanese tallow trees changing to their fall colors. I love the many variations of color until they reach the bright red. I just saw a young deer grazing in my back yard, and now I see your Nara deer in the park. The train looks magical - I'm wondering if any grandchildren rode with you? Our temperatures are much lower than yours, but today I sat for awhile on the deck and felt the sun warming my face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear Yoko!
    I have admired Nara Park several times on your blog. This place always delights me, and I watch roe deer and fallow deer with great pleasure. I must tell you that I always look forward to your next post with wonderful photos. You are a master at taking photos. You present the beauty and uniqueness of your country on your blog. Thank you very much!
    I wish you a successful and happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The deer are very beautiful for real and in the art. We both featured deer this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que maravilla Yoko. Un otoño pleno de vida y colores preciosos. Me encantan los reflejos del agua y los ciervos Por aquí alguna vez se uno, pero están por la sierra.
    Te deseo un buen noviembre y a seguir haciendo buenas fotos.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did enjoy your photographs.
    So nice to see the deer, and the colour in the Autumn leaves is just wonderful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy taking a peek into your corner of the world.
    Love the gorgeous autumn scenes. And the deer are adorable!
    Happy Monday, Yoko!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Yoko - your Autumn images are always a great delight to see, and what a lovely warm temperature you are still enjoying. We have deer in our garden on a daily basis but unfortunately they eat all of my flowers. I was given a beautiful rose covered in lots of yellow flowers and the next day every single one of them had been gobbled up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... i love the mood in this captures.

    There are many other interestings things here to see, to read. I enjoyed your post.

    Thank you for sharing and being part at
    MosaicMonday.

    Have a wonderful week.
    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those deer look very tame. How do they control the population? The trees are beautiful with their autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Marcia. No control is done. Deer population is kept around 1100 naturally every year. Though they have lived close to humans for long, they are wild animals. Due to that unique habitat, they are designated as Natural Monument.

      Delete
  16. Amazing autumn scenes! I love colorful autumn leaves and sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yoko - thank you so much for visiting my blog, and for your kind comments! I am thrilled to see that you are still posting, and featuring once again the stunning landscapes of Nara Park. As always, your reflection photos are mesmerizing. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colourful leaves are truly gorgeous. The maple tree in front of my house was a beautiful red, but all the leaves are gone now as we have had some rain and wind. The leaves were flying in the air. And winter is approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  19. いよいよ秋到来です。近鉄快速電車なんと可愛いこと。平和な国を象徴してるような絵に感じます。
    なんとテクニカルな構図。女の子がホームに立っているように見えます!

    ReplyDelete
  20. With 25 degrees C it's August or early September. Nara has been blessed with beautiful nature and climate. Even though you find high humidity hard to bear, frosts of -25-35 degrees are harder. How would these nicest deer survive if temperatures dropped radically? They look exactly like in winter. And the train is a real attraction, I would love to ride in it with our Y! The latest trend to decorate trains is worth praising, In Moscow and Saint-Petresburg there are thematic metro trains, like Pushkin. Thank you, Yoko.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I will visit your blog shortly. Have a nice day!