Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Paths through fresh verdure in the fragrant breeze

When Sakura season is over, I'm realized trees already have a plenty of leaves.
It is the season of 新緑 Shinryoku, fresh verdure.
I especially like it when water is shimmering green.
About three weeks ago the water color here was pink.

花疲れ/Hana-zukare (noun, seasonal word for haiku) is “tiredness after cherry blossoms viewing” 
as well as “spring sadness”. 
When you submerged yourself in the beauty of Sakura to your heart’s content, 
you could suddenly feel tired and have a sense of loss.
It would be Sakura's nature to make you realize ephemerality of the beauty of the flowers
and cause the sense of loneliness amidst the splendor of flowers under the blue skies.
Then fresh greenery softly fills the void and refreshes your soul, mind, and body.
You can walk freely choosing your paths to weave the story of your day in the spacious Nara Park.  

At Kasugano-enchi, Mt. Wakakusa and the big roof of Nara Kasugano International Forum IRAKA is seen.


  Garden of Iraka 

Looks like a nice "bento" lunch, full of fresh veggies.




The left side of the steps is Chayama-enchi, where Nara-no-kokonoe-zakura is abundant
 as was mentioned in the previous post.



Near the north entrance gate to the Mt. Wakakusa

The smells of new green leaves and of the flowers in season seem to be wafting in breeze.
Japanese Andromeda



The tiny baby leaves of Ginkgo were so cute on April 14th. 
 
About two weeks later, leaves were bursting out on branches.

A big lacy green parasol
Opposite side of Kasugano-enchi

Another day of late April, wisteria flowers were cascading at the Manyo Botanical Garden 
in the precinct of Kasuga Shrine.
They seem to have bursted out before clusters grow long enough.



The garden of Yoshiki-en on the way back to Nara Station.
(Autumn in Yoshiki-en, here.)

Green maples



A pond near the station



After looking at a lot of greenery, how about the young leaves bokeh in monochrome?




May is one of the most eventful months in my family; Golden Week (Greenery Day, 
Children's Day, etc.), my wedding anniversary, and my grandson Y's birthday.
He turned 11 on the first of May.
He likes soccer, swimming, painting and reading above all.
What paths will he choose on his journey?


Linked to Mosaic Monday

17 comments:


  1. Good morning, Yoko! Another beautiful post. The flowers, beautiful and pink, faded, and juicy, soothing green appeared. I love ginkgo biloba, there are three of them in my city! These are beautiful and majestic trees with wonderful leaves.
    I wish you a wonderful May and all the best to your grandson on his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to your grandson. What a lovely park and walk.
    I am happy to see the trees all green again, winter the trees are all brown and dull.
    Seeing the green trees makes me happy. The wisteria is lovely, beautiful blooms.
    Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed walking through the lovely gardens. Happy birthday to your grandson and Happy Anniversary to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shades of green....And pictures Yoko !
    A delight for my eyes...brings peace in my heart...
    Have a lovely week.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Yoko, thanks for taking along on this beautiful journey. Happy Anniversary to you and Happy birthday to your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Yoko - I also feel a sense of loss once the blossom is over, but fortunately there is always plenty of beauty yet to arrive. The world here is also feeling very green, and how I love your photo of one of my favourite trees - the Ginko with its pretty fan shaped leaves. Hope you enjoy your wedding anniversary and belated birthday greetings to grandson Y.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green is my favourite colour and the garden is amazing. Happy birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing the foliage mirrored in the water is particularly magical when seen through your eyes, stardust. I've just realized that we have been bloggers together since before Y was born. How quickly these years have gone by … like leaves we are coming and going. I wish you a very Happy Anniversary and a Happy Birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so green and lovely, the way the world should be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yoko - I can understand how one might experience a sense of loss after cherry blossom season! And as your photos prove, "new" beauty is all around, if only we open our eyes to see. I love the wisteria - breathtaking cascades, especially when reflected in the water! Joining you from Mosaic Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely post. I enjoyed the green very much. I do understand the sadness you feel after cherry blossom season because I feel the same! Every year I take as many photos as I can but sometimes it's a challenge to get out at the right time. I also love to come and visit your blog to see all the lovely blossoms. This year, I missed your posts due to having issues with commenting. I can still comment it is just different for different blogs and sometimes I do not have the time to stop and do all the right steps. But I will return and catch up with your lovely posts. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband and Happy Birthday to your grandson. We share a birth month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed strolling with you through the beautiful gardens.
    Happy birthday to your grandson and Happy Anniversary to you, Yoko!
    Glorious photos as always!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another round of MosaicMonday in beautiful May... and I am very happy about your contribution. More pictures this week that show your surroundings, nature, something of your everyday life. Pictures that also tell a bit of history, it`s very interesting. And I love the mood in this moments on the water. Calm! in the noisy world.

    Thank you for your participation. Have a good time, best wishes from Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Precioso paseo Yoko por esos jardines llenos de colores y naturaleza
    Fe🎉 Li 🎂 Ci🌺 Da 🍾 Des. A los dos 😘 😘 A ti por tu aniversario y a tu nieto por sus 11 años
    Buen mes amiga.
    Abrazos🤗〰〰💕

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Yoko,
    Nature always enchants us with all its beauty.
    Green and wonderful park, I loved walking around.
    Thanks for sharing these fantastic photos!
    Many CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding anniversary and on your grandson's birthday. Best wishes to you and your family.
    Greetings and all the best
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I will visit your blog shortly. Have a nice day!