Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2024

What is it like to be summer-like October?

October has felt like summer so far.
Barely less than 30 degrees C, the highest in the daytime, is too hot 
for the second half of October.


The prolonged hot weather has delayed the coloring of the foliage.
At this pond surrounded by Japanese Maples, all were still green a week ago.


While the sun glared down on me, water splashes through my camera lens
 reminded me of shaved ice.


As for the seasonal flowers, they have come into bloom as usual.

Japanese Bush Clover

Sweetgum, or Liquidambar formosana, is one of the trees changing colors early.


I feel like that October is new summer, too warm but comfortable with crisp air
 totally different from the past three months sultry summer.





Temperature has dropped significantly at last today due to the yesterday's rain.


 Pigweed pollen is in the air in my part of the world.
I've had allergy to it and my symptons are the hardest this year.
Do you have any hay fever at this time of year?

         Mosaic Monday

3 comments:

  1. ...thank yoou for sharing all this beauty. We are enjoying beautiful weather too. Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Southern Ontario (canada) the October weather has been like yours.... warm, sunny, cool at night. Not as warm as 30C but still warm. The previous 2 nights were cold, 1C or 0C, so the leaves are starting to change colour. I love the red maples, such a vibrant and intense colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Yoko - love your photos especially the splash of water - the climate around the world is dramatically different, and yet some people still do not believe that our climate has changed! I don't suffer from hay fever, but know that it can be very difficult for those who do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I will visit your blog shortly. Have a nice day!