Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Strolling around my town



 Apricot Rains is over!
Blistering sunny days have come after the sweltering rainy season.
 I've stayed home mostly except for the evening walk as I feel like that I'm being choked 
in sauna in the daytime.
While I spend idly and casually, I've created a post about my town from spring to summer.


My town is a nice and quiet residential area, a bedroom town of
Kyoto, Osaka, and Nara, lying on the rolling hills overlooking four directions.
 I like walking around my town, neighboring towns, and the surrounding area.
Townspeople take care of their gardens earnestly, and the public planting space, too.





Flowers on fences or gates.



Sakura (Cherry blossoms) are beautiful in every park.
I like the stillness of the parks after children go back home.



Sakura bloomed late this year but Dogwood, Wisteria, Geraniums, Roses, Hydrangeas .... 
come to bloom earlier and earlier every year.
I'm always marveled at how many people love to grow plants with green thumbs.






In the nearest park, the Liriodendron tulipifera bloom in mid-May. 
 Few people notice the orange and green, tulip-shaped  flowers on the upper part of a quite tall tree.


Flowers under our feet, either.


In a couple of minutes from the park, I'm home!




Rainy season set in significantly late and ended almost the same as usual.
It was sweltering hot when the sun appeared.



Raindrops on the morning glory; short-lived respite.



By the way, the west side of the town is a countryside with history longer than 1300 years.
Chinese milk vetches dot the off-season paddies in April. 


When Emperor Shomu (the period of reign 724-749) passed by the area, Ono Fukumaro, 
who ruled the area, was using a "三 three-pitted 碓 stone mortar" to grind grains.
Emperor Shomu saw it and called the area 三碓 Mitsu-garasu.
It is thought to be the origin of the name of this area.
The stone mortar is kept at the Konsho-in Temple next to the Mitsugarasu Shrine 
which enshrines tutelary "kami" who protects the area .



I'll be on summer break in blogging as usual.
Wish you a pleasant season wherever you are.
Stay safe from any disasters.
See you in two months!

Linked to Mosaic Monday

19 comments:

  1. ...thanks for taking me along on this beautiful tour. Liriodendron tulipifera is a favorite of mine, here the flowers are often so high in the tree that they are hard to see. Stay well and cool this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Yoko
    You live in a beautiful place. It is lovely to see all the flowers, beautiful gardens and blooming trees.
    Lovely post and photos. Take care, stay well. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your town is very pretty, and it is obvious that the residents all love their gardens - through the pretty gates were lots of lovely pots of flowers attractively arranged.
    We have a very large beautiful Tulip Tree near my home, but sadly these attractive trees are not commonly seen here.
    Enjoy your summer break Yoko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful vacation. Your town is lovely with all those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful neighborhood...Pictures and nature...
    You have a eye for the details Yoko...They are gorgeous...
    Have a lovely week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a delightfully cozy neighborhood in which to live, rich in history and beauty. The gardens and gates are inspiring. In my neighborhood, I've noticed more people replacing plain grassy yards for flower gardens and it is such a pleasure to walk by them. Thanks as always for sharing you world, stardust. Wishing you a wonderful and safe summer holiday with your family. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gardens are so beautiful and make for a lovely place to walk. I know summers are getting hotter. They are here in Australia too. Enjoy your week and stay cool. I am joining you at Mosaic Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I enjoyed especially the historical details... and of course your captures again very much fine.

    I'm a little short of energy at the moment, I admit openly. We're just getting from one day to the next... Comforting words definitely help.
    I am very happy about the contribution to MosaicMonday again.
    Kind regards from Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nara is beautiful, I testify as an eye witness. And Nara park is not the only treasure. It is enjoyable to follow you in your walks, Yoko, in blogosphere and even more, in reality. Imagination pictures your busy days, relaxing evenings and starry nights in this summer break. Have a perfect time, dear friend.
    P.S. Few people notice the flowers, like dandelions under our feet or stars in the sky, true. Well, lucky are those who do. I know for sure two lucky people.
    P.P.S. We’ve come back from our trip, I’m planning to write about it soon. Will come back to read rainy July post as well. Stay safe and serene.
    With best wishes,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  10. The city you live in is wonderful, Yoko. I wish you a wonderful and successful holiday. Be happy. Hugs and greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yoko - thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments! I am sorry to hear that the summer has been so hot and humid for you. We had a very hot spell here in July, but since then temperatures have been moderate, and generally, we do not have humidity.

    I enjoyed the views of your "neighborhood" since we usually see other areas in your post. I find that flowers in any area make everything look brighter. We had tulip trees in our yard when we lived in Cleveland, Ohio, and I was fascinated by such large blooms in a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yoko,
    The city where you live is so wonderful, surrounded by nature.
    Flowers always delight our eyes.
    Magnificent photos ❤️
    Gretings and enjoy the summer.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. The rolling hills and the well-tended gardens must add a lot of charm to the area. Cherry blossoms in parks are always a highlight, and it's nice that you find joy in their stillness after the day’s activity. The photos of flowers on fences and gates must add a lovely, personal touch to the town’s appearance.

    How are you finding the transition from spring to summer? Are there any particular spots or flowers that stand out to you more now that the weather has changed?

    Read my new blog post: www.melodyjacob.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big transition is air; the intensely hot and stifling air is so uncomfortable and dangerous. However, summer is as vibrant as spring in its appearance; sunflowers and morning glories color my garden, and red Crape Myrtle flowers are eye-catching here and there.

      Delete
  14. Such lovely photographs.
    I hope you are enjoying your summer blogging break.
    Stay safe and well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Konnichiwa Yoko san, hajimemashite 😃 Watashi wa Porando nisundeimasu. Yes, Im learning japanese about 2 years. Your post is so beautiful. Im very happy Im here. Your country is really wonderful. I Hope one dsy I will visit Japan. Take care Dear 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I will visit your blog shortly. Have a nice day!