Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Into the world of Peter Rabbit picture book at Mt. Rokko


Mt. Rokko (931 meters) is the highest peak in the Rokko mountain range, which provides the green backdrop to the city of Kobe. 

An Englishman, Arthur H. Groom pioneered the development of Mt. Rokko as a resort place in the beginning of the 20th century.

Almost at the same time in Britain, 1902, The Tale of Peter Rabbit was published to be greatly
acclaimed. The nature of the English Lake District which the author Beatrix Potter (1866-1943) loved are incorporated into the stories.  In early July, I enjoyed some scenes from the picture book unfolding at Rokko Garden Terrace and Rokko Country House.


At the gate of Rose Walk, Peter Rabbit welcomes you.

























British cottage garden is my favorite garden style
for its natural, unpretentious look with various plants close together. 
I know it takes a certain amount of time, thoughts, and efforts to create a garden that looks natural. 




I have been so familiar with Foxgloves in my British blog friend’s posts 
that I came to think a cottage garden is not perfect without Foxgloves in early summer.  
I was so happy to see them in person!



I almost tried to insert my fingers to the glove.











Time for a Dandee cake made of dried fruits and nuts which Squirrel Nutkin collected
and organic Darjeeling tea.



Dear Friends,

I’ve had uncomfortable sensation of floating with slight nausea since last week when I was suddenly caught by a balance disorder.  I took MRI test in case and my brain turned out to be healthy and young for my age.  I think I’m on the way to recovery, but it’d be better for me to stay away from computer for a while.  (This post was already made before I fell into bad health condition.)  And besides, now that rainy season is over, it’s high summer, time to enjoy idleness, to have cozy slow time with family.  I’ll have a summer break on blogging a little earlier than I planned.  

Wish you a lovely summer or winter, and be safe from the dangerous heat or cold. 


Yoko








Thank you for reading.
"Comments" are closed.